Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a dogs world


Cupcake

I wonder if she knows how much she means to me. I love my mom (Annabelle) so much, even though sometimes she gets upset with me (Cupcake). It's usually because I make a mess in her floor. I don't mean too, I really don't, but when ya gotta go. You gotta go! I would tell her to let me outside if only I could talk like all the people around me do.  My mom treats me like a princess. I know she would do anything for me. It's so upsetting when I disappoint her. Like this one time, she took me to the park to play on a Sunday afternoon. It was such a blast. I found new friends, Sky and Rascal, we were running around like crazy. Actually so crazy, that we went too far off. For awhile, we weren't worried because of all the fun that we were having. When the sun started going down, we tried to head back to the park. We ran for miles... We just couldn't seem to find the park. I knew Annabelle was worried about me. Especially after the stars in the sky had started to twinkle.
I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to go home, but I was so tired and worn out from all the wonderful fun I had. As well as Sky and Rascal. So we just decided to sleep under a near by tree. Early the next morning, we finally came upon the park. There was neither of our families to be found. So we had no choice but to find our own home. Only problem was... I had to do it alone because Sky and Rascal lived on the opposite side of town. Only about 12 minutes had passed and the dog catcher rolled right beside me. He stopped the van, trying to be sneaky and catch me. I ran as fast as I possible could but my little legs couldn't take it any longer. I was too worn out from all the running, and the little bit of sleep just wasn't cuttin it. He finally got ahold of me. Off to the pound I went. I couldn't believe it. I really hope my mom, Annabelle, calls or comes by here looking for me before it's too late.  Tuesday morning, I woke up to see my mom standing there glaring at me. Like I had put her through hell. I was so excited to see her, but then again... she didn't seem so happy to see me. She said "Cupcake what in the world were you thinking?" I barked in response as in I'm sorry. She paid the fee and got me out of the pound. Thank God! I was so thankful to be home again. I could never repay her. I did promise her I would NEVER run away again though. (;

No comments: